Well the tenants moved in at the end of July 2015. It is now end of December 2016. The tenants have been very pleased with the results of our endeavours. Time has flown and I have been very remiss keeping the blog up to date.
A quick round up of work done.
- New roof tin and thermal blanket
- R4 earthwool batts in ceiling
- Heat transfer kit fitted
- Wood heater repaired and new flue
- Two Upvc double glazed units fitted to South side bedrooms
- New bathroom from joists upwards
- New secondhand kitchen bought from Gumtree
- All tin ceilings sealed to prevent rust
- All walls sealed with Resene latex based sealer then painted
- All trim work sanded and painted gloss white
- Rear aluminium door taken out and replaced with french doors
- Pergola roof replaced with polycarbonate sheeting
- Outdoor area clad in colorbond
- Hot water service given new anode and insulated in a box
- Heavy full length curtains and pelmets fitted
- Driveway resurfaced and new trailer parking area created
- Exterior of house stripped and repainted
The lounge is quite a large room with a Saxon woodheater and large aluminium windows. The room was totally repainted. An oil based sealer applied to the pressed metal ceilings and latex based sealer to the walls before top coats added. Resene paint was used throughout.
The fan was a horrible woodgrain 1980’s unit which when taken down was very thick with grease and dust. However with TLC and a screwdriver it was taken apart. the blades sprayed white and a new light assembly put on it with led globes put in. Quite a difference
The woodheater was looked at by our local chimney sweep Graeme Hancock who pronounced the woodheater as burnt out and the flu as not legal. He took the heater away, had a new back welded into it and fitted a new legal flu.
A thermostat was fitted to the heat transfer unit and has been tested in these cold winter days and it transfers heat very well to the three bedrooms.
Thermal backed drapes from Grays Online and a pelmet finish off the window furnishings. A tv antennae point was fitted in the wall.